Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Flash by Rachel Anne Ridge

I started this book pretty well ignorant of donkeys. I knew one when I saw one, but that was about it. Or maybe those were mules I was seeing. Not important. 

What’s important is that the author takes this donkey that appeared out of nowhere, named it Flash, and then gleaned life lessons from it. And the life lessons are good ones, too, not just for donkeys but more for humans.

Flash is the hero of this true story, even though the local sheriff pronounced him worthless. The author, Rachel, decided to keep him, in spite of her family’s business had taking a big hit in the 2008 recession and they really didn’t need another mouth to feed.

But Flash, who always did things his way no matter what, was well worth the extra time and expense. Rachel would have a bad day and go talk to Flash, and somehow just talking about it would help her see clearly what the problem was and what to do about it. Flash did his part by just plodding through each day, showing patience, perseverance and love.

I liked this book a lot. Frankly, I didn’t think I would. But Rachel and Flash changed my mind.

Tyndale House Publishers furnished me this book and asked that I give a fair and accurate review. This I have done.



No comments:

Post a Comment