Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Throwback Thursday - W-a-a-a-y Back


This #TBT is from 1967.  I am 15, my sister Linda is 13.  I don't know why someone didn't tell me to sit up straight!  

I'm sure this picture was for a church directory.

If I remember correctly (which is pretty dicey nowadays), the dresses Linda and I had on came in a can.  They didn't wrinkle at all, which was a new thing back then.  If I wore that now, I'd look like an upholstered couch!

Have a great Throwback Thursday!

Your future will be brighter
    by far than your past.

Job 8:7 (CEV)

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful picture, wonderful family!! The "dress in a can" was a new one to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom always wants to try something new, and a canned dress was certainly new. I guess it didn't catch on, because that's the only dress I ever had that had been canned...

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! Love all your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REMEMBER those dresses! You showed me the can. I thought that was pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat eye glasses are a dead giveaway of age. I'm struck how much Alice resembles Linda in the face.

    ReplyDelete