Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Friday, October 17, 2014

Carol’s Exceptionally Valuable Driving Tips

Stay out of the left-hand lane unless you are driving at least 10 miles over the speed limit or you’re going to turn left in the next little bit.  I realize that once you get to the warm beaches of Florida you will be turning left; it’s just that you’re in North Alabama at the moment.  I think you have plenty of time to get over.

I once knew a state trooper who said he would give a slow driver one mile to turn left and if he didn’t, the trooper would pull him over and give him a ticket for obstructing traffic.  A man after my own heart!

Be sure all items in your car are safely secured.  Many years ago on a Thursday – I remember the day because it was Chicken Livers Day at the Chicken Shack and I had gone over there on my lunch hour to pick up a to-go box of livers.  Imagine my horror when I was rear-ended on the way back to the office and my livers box went flying into the floor.  What with calling the police to report the wreck and calling David to report the wreck (it only took him 3 questions to ask if I was all right), I was finally able to get to my livers, only to find that during the accident the box had opened, all the livers had jumped out, and the box had reclosed itself.  I think I was more upset over the loss of the livers than I was the car.

Try not to slam on the brakes for any reason – real or imagined.  Recently I was on my way home from the grocery store, and the car in front of me suddenly stopped.  I slammed on my brakes which made all of my groceries slide toward the front.  But I didn’t hit the car, and I made it safely home. A couple of hours later, David asked if I had bought 2 or 3 gallons of tea.  Since I remembered 3 but I only brought 2 in the house, I went to investigate the car.  Apparently, when I stopped so suddenly, one of the gallons of tea slipped underneath the driver’s seat!  I had to do some fancy maneuvering to get the thing out, but I did so with no damage to the tea.  Wow!  That was close!

I’m sure you have some driving tips, too.  Let us know by commenting below.

In the meantime, drive safely, and -- most importantly -- stay out of my way.  I don’t think I could handle another liver debacle.


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! You're so funny, Carol! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have state troopers in CA. But I wish our CHP's would pull over the slow pokes! They drive me crazy, especially when they're in the carpool lane. ARRRRG! LOL

    ReplyDelete