Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Monday, September 15, 2014

Prophet (Books of the Infinite Book 1) by R. J. Larson


Ela has been chosen.  She’s just a young lady, living in poverty with her parents and her little sister Tzana, who suffers from an aging disorder.  Old before her time, she is quite frail.  She and Ela are inseparable. 

It’s not that Ela does not know Infinite.  He has been a part of her life as far back as she can remember.  But now she hears things she cannot believe:  She has been chosen as the next prophet, the first one in 70 years.  And the first woman.

Infinite chooses a vision to help Ela realize what He needs her to do.  And after Tzana is able to easily open the tomb of the last prophet and retrieve a branch growing there, Ela gains the confidence to challenge anyone who tries to stop her.

And as she follows Infinite’s instructions, she comes up against soldiers and kings, always repeating her Creator’s words, warning them to accept His love and protection.  Unfortunately, few listen.  She takes every failure as her own.  She knows she has much to learn and tries to keep herself open to Infinite’s leading.

This book made me look at myself and my connection with God through Jesus Christ. I realized how close by the Holy Spirit is throughout my day. 

I would recommend this book to anyone, even those who do not usually read this genre.  I will definitely read the next book in the series, Judge.

As I write this on 9/15/14, the Kindle version of Prophet is free.








No comments:

Post a Comment