Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy Is as Happy Does

“Happy” by Pharrell Williams.  Never heard of him.  Never heard his music.  Didn’t even know he had any music.

Turns out he’s a hip hop star.  I’m glad I didn’t know that earlier because I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have watched the video.

I know, I know – don’t judge a book by its cover or by its musical classification.  But I’ve heard hip hop.  I’ve seen it performed.  I hate to say I don’t like it; but, really, I just don’t like it.

I had seen the link to “Happy” on Facebook a lot of times before I finally clicked on it.  I’m glad I did.

“Happy” is truly happy! The video keeps cutting to different people dancing like there’s no one watching, which is joyful and contagious.  It’s obvious that many of these folks are not professional dancers; they are just moved by the music to move!

The song itself is light and cheerful.  There are no offensive words or gestures.  It’s fun to watch and sing along to.  It doesn’t say, but I believe clapping is a required reaction.

I hope you’ll watch it.  It’s a pure pleasure to see so many who are “Happy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment