Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Friday, September 27, 2013

I have a new life verse!

Well, actually, to tell the truth, this is my first life verse.
You know what a life verse is, right?

According to whatchristianswanttoknow.com, a life verse is “a verse from the Bible (or a small passage) that you choose to be your most favorite verse; it is the one that you commit to memory to share with others.”  And they helpfully suggest 20 different verses that might fit the bill.
Mine is not among them. 

Nor is it among the 37 listed in the various comments that follow the above 20.
But seeing as there’s over 31,000 verses in the Bible, I can see where people could overlook a great life verse like mine.

And when I tell you what it is, you’ll smack your forehead like the V-8 people and think, “Why didn’t I pick that one for my life verse?”
I didn’t know this was my favorite verse until recently when I was scanning the Bible for something else entirely.  And this just jumped right into my head and wouldn’t let go. 

And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that if everyone followed this verse, the world would be a better place.
Awesome, right?

I’m going to be quoting this verse as often as I can and wherever I can to do my part for world peace.
It would be appropriate at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and the phantom Target that crops up in conversations from time to time.

I could recite it as I picked up my order at the drive-thru at McDonald’s or as the sandwich artist is making my masterpiece sandwich at Subway (Get a club on white; you won’t be disappointed).
People at the bank, I’m sure, will be thrilled to hear it.  Those good folks at Merrill Gardens where my mother lives will heartily agree that this is one swell verse.

It will be priceless in my role as a volunteer mediator in Small Claims Court.  I could ask the judge to announce it before he calls the docket.  There will be no cases to mediate because this verse takes in every conceivable circumstance.
My life verse fits everywhere.  You’ll see what I mean. 

Here it is:

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense.  Proverbs 2:2

Wow!  Admit it:  It doesn’t get any better than that. 
And just think: you could of had a V-8!
 

6 comments:

  1. Great verse! (like there's a bad one...)
    Mine is from Esther 4:14B- (my translation) "How do you know you were not created for such a time as this?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cyn. I like your translation. Good question...

      Delete
  2. It took everything I had not to skip to the end and find out what it was without reading the whole thing first. haha! I don't know about a whole verse, but I like the phrase "and it came to pass," and the verse where Paul says (in essence) "in all situations I have learned to be content." Whatever comes, just go with it cuz God's got all this under control, and something else will come along soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like "and it came to pass" too. It didn't come to stay. Amen, Stacie!

      Delete
  3. Love the verse and am most curious about which translation you used. I looked at 3 and it wasn't any of them, so spill it! Also think the picture is a total hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Contemporary English Version. The other versions weren't nearly this interesting! Glad you liked the picture. I don't know what in the world I was thinking at the time...

      Delete