Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Friday, September 20, 2013

Driving Me Nuts

Driving a car is such a personal matter.  No one likes to hear negative comments about their skill (or lack thereof) while being in the driver’s seat. 

There was this one time, though, that cracked me up.
I had picked David up at his work so we could eat lunch together.  On the way over there, just a few miles from our house, I had gotten behind one slow driver after another, a car had pulled out in front of me so that I had to slam on my brakes, no one was using their blinkers, and I was pretty steamed by the time I got to David.

Of course, I launched into a rant about the traffic while zooming around cars and rushing through almost-red lights to get to the restaurant and make up for the slow trip.
Finally, I said, “I’m telling you, if I ever have a stroke, it will be while I’m driving.”

David, not missing a beat, said, “Honey, if I ever have a stroke, it will be while you’re driving!”
Cracked me up.  Almost had a wreck because I was laughing so hard.  Love ya, David!

7 comments:

  1. So true Carol. And the older I get, the less patience I have with stupid people on the road!
    Can't fix stupid.
    We can only pray for them--(sometimes at the top of our lungs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Carol. And the older I get, the less patience I have with stupid people on the road!
    Can't fix stupid.
    We can only pray for them--(sometimes at the top of our lungs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now when I drive Carol just does not look, that's ok sometimes I don't look either. I think that makes me one of THEM.
    lu davy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this man pulls our camper! God help us (and I mean that literally)...

      Delete
  4. HA! I've done that myself! And had similar comments from my kids. "Oh good grief, I can't believe how these people are driving!" While my kids look at me in disbelief. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know why these people keep looking at us in disbelief, Stacie! ;)

      Delete