Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Monday, April 2, 2012

What I Learned From a Chuzzle

 


Chuzzle is a computer game that I have played for years.  It's not hard at all; in fact, I can play it without thinking, which is why I like it so much.  The Chuzzle board consists of six rows of Chuzzles across and six rows down.  The object of the game is to move the rows back and forth or up and down until you match three Chuzzles of the same color, whereupon the said Chuzzles sort of explode and their eyes race across the board to a jar where they wait for the next game.

Chuzzles are very cute, with their big expressive eyes and pretty colors.  During a game, it's very easy to line them up just right to get those three of the same color to explode and leave the board.  It's fun.

But as you get into the game, things start to happen.  A big lock comes out of nowhere and locks one of the Chuzzles into place.  It can't be budged; it stays until two of its color can slide to it and release it from its prison.

Okay, not a problem.  There's a whole board to choose from.  It's just a small part of the board tied up.  I keep working until finally the magic three line up and the lock is broken.  Yay!

Except now there are two locks on different parts of the board.  So I can't slide the Chuzzles up or down on about half of the board.  Hmmmmm…. Well, I'll just have to work with what I've got… If I can't move that row to the left and right, then I'll have to use this row.  And I've got to act quickly, because the locks just keep coming until the whole board is locked down and the game ends.

Sometimes when I'm out and about, doing whatever it is that I'm doing, I run into a problem of some kind, and Chuzzles comes into my mind.  I think about that board and its locks and how I have to find another way to get the job done.  Even when things are happening quickly and it looks like all is lost, if I will keep looking for an answer and not give up, I can usually figure it out in time.

God gives us everything we need to work through our problems.  Sometimes he even gives us Chuzzles.

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.                                   Philippians 3:14


No comments:

Post a Comment