Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Later On

Later on, after John was arrested, Jesus went into Galilee, where he preached God’s Good News.  "The time promised by God has come at last!” he announced. “The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!”                                                                                        Mark 1:14-16



They say opposites attract, and that may be true.  I know that my husband and I are opposites on some things.  For example, David likes to get things done immediately; I tend to put things off.  I'm thinking, "Well, I can do that later," while David is thinking, "I'll do it now and get it done."  You know, the early-bird-gets-the-worm theory.

In this passage from Mark, Jesus says that the Kingdom of God is near.  If it was "near" 2,000 years ago, I'm thinking it's about close enough to reach out and touch by now. 

Jesus says to repent of our sins and believe the Good News, the Gospel, the resurrected Christ.  We can either pay now (accept Christ, be genuinely sorry for our sins and change our behavior) or pay later (spend eternity separated from God).
Never too early and never too late to get this one done.

Photo by Cindy West McGregor



No comments:

Post a Comment