Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Friendship

Today I was reminded that I'm not a very good friend.  A former co-worker called another former co-worker to see if I was all right.  She had written me a letter and had called me but had not gotten an answer to either one. 

 What is my problem?  Charlotte and I worked together for 11 years.  We were physically side-by-side, but most importantly, we were friends.  And yet I ignored her.  I feel very bad about it.  I called her and left her a message, but if she doesn't call me back, it's only what I deserve.
Her letter is here in my big stack of stuff that I keep thinking I'll get around to.   I've kept it close by and I've been aware of it nearly every day, thinking I needed to answer that.  I even composed two different letters on two different dates to her, but I never printed them to send.

Is this how God feels when I ignore him?  And I certainly ignore him a lot.  And look at all the wonderful things he has done for me!  The list is truly endless.
I feel bad about ignoring Charlotte, and I hope she will forgive me.  I feel bad about ignoring God, and I know he has forgiven me.  You'd think I would feel better knowing that God won't hold it against me, but it makes me sad to think I willfully ignore the most precious thing in my life.

I need to repent and go in a different direction.  I need to have a completely different mindset about ignoring God and ignoring my friends.
Lord, I'm sorry I ignore you so frequently.  And I'm sorry that I disappointed Charlotte.  Please help her to forgive me so that we can continue to be friends.  Thank you for forgiving me all of my sins, including this one.  Help me, Holy Spirit.  Remind me that I need to turn once again to Christ. 

Like the song: 

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in his wonderful face,
And the things on earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Photo by Cindy West McGregor

No comments:

Post a Comment