Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Do What, Now?

All of the icons on my computer are the iTunes icon.  All of them.  They are all 2 notes of music on a blue background.  No kidding.  I don't have an icon that is a big "e" denoting the internet.  I don't have the colorful Picasa 3 symbol.  I don't have all those HP icons that come with every HP computer.  This is what I have .  Everywhere.  If I didn't have a special button that tells the computer to directly connect to the internet, I don't know what I'd do.  Well, yeah, I know what I'd do.  I'd be on the phone to iTunes trying to get it fixed.  But I can pretty well work around it and do what I want.  There's usually more than one way to get to something.  This unhappy circumstance is somehow my own fault.  While trying to transfer my iTunes library (over 1800 songs) from my old laptop to my new laptop, I ended up with only part of my library and a whole lot of icons going somewhere I don't need to go very often.  It's kind of iTunes overload.  And to make it worse, the icons lie.  They still say what they are supposed to be.  But when I click it, I get iTunes; and not only do I get iTunes, I see every time that I am missing around 1,000 songs in my library.  I have mentioned this problem to a few computer-smart people and they always say, "Do what, now?" which is the Southern equivalent of "Huh?".

So I end up with this vague feeling of guilt for causing this calamity and then letting it go on without fixing it.  I know the answer is out there somewhere.  I just dread talking to iTunes, explaining my problem and then hearing a stunned silence followed by "Do what, now?" 

2 comments:

  1. If you manage to figure that out, let the world know. Almost ANYTHING a computer does has me saying, "Do what, now?" Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete