Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pampered

My husband David and I went on a little 2-night trip to Nashville this week, a 3-hour drive from our house.  We stayed at the expensively huge Gaylord Opryland Hotel.  This was our third trip in as many years.  If you stay with them during the month of your birthday or your anniversary, they give you the second night free (sorta).  It's a little more fun if you're not having to mortgage the house in order to stay.  I posted on Facebook that we "shamlessly pampered ourselves."  And we did.  On second thought, though, was it really pampering?  Paying extra to have our luggage delivered to our room, thus avoiding dragging a luggage cart over a mile of thick carpeting?  Eating at the Italian place and ordering unrecognizable food because we didn't have the energy to go back to the cheaper places?  Having room service the last night there because we couldn't face another 2-mile stroll to get to anything at all?  Availing ourselves of every bench and sitting area because we were just plain pooped?  Well, whatever it takes, I guess.  We still had a great time.  Pooped or pampered, it's all the same at this point...

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I feel the same way sometimes. I'm so stressed trying to see the sights on my vacation that I'm exhausted at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete