Bible Verse

Beg as loud as you can for good common sense. Proverbs 2:3

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My First Post

Hello.  This blog is intended to help discipline me to write and share.  I want to be a women's Christian speaker/writer when I grow up, so I'd better get started.  I named this blog Miscellaneous Ramblings because I don't want to get tied into any one thing.  So here goes!

I recently worked my last day at the Circuit Clerk's office.  My official retirement date is 2/1/12, but I'm using up my leave by taking the time off instead of getting paid for it.  It seems so weird to me that I am not working.  It's only been a week but it seems lots longer.  I have many plans, some realistic and some not so much, but I'm determined to make this retirement a good one, one that will glorify God.  I had a ministry at my job by helping folks understand my little divisions of the court system.  I especially felt led by the Holy Spirit when an elderly person was involved (no, not me -- somebody even more elderly than me).  I have a heart for the elderly.  My dad passed away 6 months ago at the age of 100.  My mother just turned 90.  Her mother lived to be 101.  So I may be here a good while longer.

I'm hoping to have some followers of this blog, so please follow me!  It would be a great encouragement to know folks were actually reading this stuff.  Leaving a comment would be good, too.  Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. You rascal! You sneaked this in on me! Now I'm following you, so the pressure is on to write something.
    Go ahead. Amuse and enlighten me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying what you have written. May God Bless you as you share your heart and love for him.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lynn. I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete